A Crack in the Martian Plains

Take a look at this. Up here on the plains I found a large crack. You can even see some bedrock exposed. Kinda looks like the bedrock back in the day, when I discover water in Eagle Crater. I'm gonna take closer look in the sols ahead.

Anyone else notice polygonal cracking in this outcrop? I thought I saw it in the Eagle Crater outcrops too, but cracks from the original meteorite impact complicates the overall picture.

As interesting as this may seem, I believe we should waste no more time, and get to endurance crater ASAP. I'm sure endurance holds many more geological secrets then these outcroppings. I just don't want opportunity to "conk-out" before it gets there.

Sorry for the off topic comment, but I'm an English teacher compiling a list of blogs that would welcome comments from adult ESL students. I see that you welcome comments, but does that include comments from people who don't have very accurate English?

If you want comments from ESL students, I'll add your site to the directory (you'll get a free permanent PR 4 link and a temporary PR 5) at www.eslgo.net "Blogs for learning English + teaching English".