A Grind Well Done

This microscopic image mosaic was created on sol 85 after NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Spirit completed a second grind with its rock abrasion tool at the target "New York" on the rock named "Mazatzal." The three-hour, 23-minute grind occurred on sol 83.

This grind was performed at the same location but at a slightly different angle than the first grind, which occurred on sol 82. This second drilling now reveals a full and somewhat deeper circle of underlying rock that will allow for a more complete analysis of the interior of the rock.

Image credit: NASA/JPL

What I see, in the upper right area of the hole grind, what usually happens on earth when you use a drill with a cup-hole maker.
To get a easier life when making such big heat-maker holes, you use to put some drops of water or oil over. The fluid, mix with the powder and you get *EXACTLY* such round shapes.
Would be a good idea to let it dry and re-take the same photo: If the water (or fluid) dries-up or evaporates, we could have again powder!
(Hopefully the fluid will not act as a glue during evaporation...)
Any consideration on this?

Why is this image twisted a 180°? :confused:

The crack is intresting. Is it full of rock or just dust?

I was wondering if the grind hole needed some heat disperser and lubricant as well when I realised that the grind hole would be subjected to complex elemental analysis and the lubricant may complicate results at best and wverwhelm them at worst.

Bugs sucks

No I don't thing they use any kind of lubricants, since the cutting blade is diamond-based. My hint was that the rock itself could have a kind of fluid, maybe "iced" over the whole stone (or stones)....