China Zhurong Mars Rover

Do you think the Chinese would block me from NASA downloading? Why would they bother with it? Certainly there are profiteering US groups that would given the freedom to do so. I had a ransomware call just 2 months back, that was from South Dakota and an Indian national witha strong accent. I reverse harrassed him some, and he seem to leave me alone afterward. He was promising to take about $400 cash from an account. There has to be some motivation for most all of these technical experts.
Additionally there usually is closeup employment agenda for an action, and it is ususally part of a large scale program to steer and control something.

Yeah.

The landing spot. I haven’t yet registered the HiRISE images with the CNSA ID of the precise spot.

https://www.uahirise.org/ESP_066828_2050

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01301-7

We all love one another.

We love you. Man…

This is similar to the rock content at entries #9-#12 which was claimed on You Tube as from Mars.

Petosky stone, which is a similar match to the imaged rocks claimed to be from Mars in entries #9-12.

1 Like

Winston you got to love that.

Why no image updates for this rover? I suppose the Tianwen-1 is busy with it’s operations from above.I’ll try a different technique next.

Hort has. Been gone awhile… Either that or the Chinese communist don’t want you to see

I would like to work on viewing the rover wheel tracks as it works and travels. Possibly it is the manuevering jets on the orbiter. It may they want to conserve fuel, or, they may be concrened about loss of orientation while orbiting. Eventually with enough experience and equipment testing the systems should give them confidence in aiming and timing.The HiRISE orbiter has only 9 images taken within 0.2 degrees each direction. One image covers the landing spot. I must match them up.
Hopefully NASA will image the area again at highest resolution.
I was surprised I could extract the antennae device cans on the right side as we look at the rover on the ground, and the forward Mast, the Radio arm, the golden brackets for the solar panels. The wheels are just too small and close to the body frame, And the line drawing technique keeps me from the central dark round shapes.
I cannot do as well with the larger US rovers.
Hort had some serious experience with imaging and technical work. As yet I can’t use Image J on these machines- maybe someday.

Enlarged direct cropping of the publushed new HiRISE image of Zhurong rover and platform.
The platferm appears in reasonable content,

Rotated to fit the screen, a 10X, seen online at about 5X.
I’ll work on a veiw with information on the rover.

https://www.uahirise.org/ESP_069665_2055

1 Like

We all love you. You post are outstanding.

Views from the rover in the first panorama show some interesting details about the particular location. U.S. search engines are not giving easy access to the imaging from the mission.

There is a compacted layer of fine particulates or mud type accumulation which seems to be formed in place. The layers seem complex and of sustained thickness which may indicate a series of suspended solids in a semi-lquid, possibly a flood basalt or impact flow surge.
I will try to look at that closer, but the access to individual images has been withheld from routine popular view.
These are from the panorama taken and stitched after return. A great view of the landing spot to the horizon.

A couple linked views from the panorama by news services.

https://i.insider.com/60c34f156d855e0018157800?width=700&format=jpeg&auto=webp

https://i.insider.com/60c348b823393a00188e29b4?width=700&format=jpeg&auto=webp

In the background of the second linked image, which shows the rover tracks spinning a circle in front of the downramp of the platform, the outcrop of a flat layer of material shows in small sections exposed.
The layer deserves a close look, and if someone has the direct links for the raw image returns please share them here.

https://720yun.com/t/d9vktq8wprm?scene_id=73950360

A view from the Zhurong camera images stitched as a panorama.

A view along the descentm engine plume residue, showing the flat layered material exposures, and a small crater on the left side of the affected debris. This view is described by CNSA and the mission souces as looking West.

A closeup view of the largest section of exposed layers. 2X at DPI 377.

A section of the view down the blast debris including a very small crater on the far left of the main image. An interesting ‘rock’ is just on the crater rim at the right just outside the blast debris. A closer look at this ‘rock’ cost me my confidence, but is possibly a partly removed mound structure over a bright cap rock type material. Each alteration causes transparency or continuity of the bright shapes and dark lumps.

To be fair, the last altered view seems to show a line of the stitching assembly, so there is confusion without a series of still images. In addition I used the ‘lens’ effect on the last two views as it foreshortened having to do additional enlargement work.
I believe the view shows a bright cap on the mound with a bright section around the right side of the mound, and the series of lumps in foreground include a bright lump.
The view could be a loose mound, a solid opened single rock, or any other combination of items and materials. The small box area altered has a spot at the apex of the mound bright cap as the brightest pixels in the scene. Clearly the bright and dark sections of the mound are interrelated and one assembly for whatever reasoning.
I don’t like entering so many images in sequence but this is a real quandry for me.
The scene overall has bright colors if color corrected. There are green, blue, violet, red, yellow, and other colors in the view looking west.

Hoping the link for the panorama image works for all readers.

A couple links for whichever view seems best. Will the untranslated linking work? Checking indicates it works well, and now there are in a few days at least 5 versions online to study. We started with two yesterday.
We need a catalog of fixed stills for closeup work next.
So much color when ‘autocorrected’ for a balanced color view, and, so much similarity to all the other rover sites we have studied.
Great for conversation at a distance.

https://720yun.com/search/0/天问一号着陆火星首批科学影像图发布/2/1

Somewhere is an explanation for this strange pile of objects at the rim of a very small crater.
I may have watched it on television in years past, but my memory is lacking.

Surely someone can explain what we see here.

Image credits, originals; CNSA

Haven’t done an anigif for a long time.
The bright area at the apex of the dark mound has no color, and it takes a few views to show that. This anigif is about 3.9 MB, consists of 15 variations in alteration and shows the opaque yet colorless object is at least one solid object extending accross the dark region and integrated with the total shaped assembly of objects.
The bright area is also the brightest pixels in the view, but there is one other small object which matches the characteristics to the left of the mound.
The additional object is small and beyond the apparent crater on the far left.
At the bottom of the crater depression are three or more layers seen on the far back wall slope.
The rim is very precise and appears to be a dark cap rock set of sections tilted as would be a large crater rim.

If you download this it is 1200 x 500.

``True!!!
Dana is a true phenomenon re. the Science and Technolohy of geology. Hort was in a class of his own re. Imaging and Computer imagery.

Winston

1 Like

Dana is on a different level. LWS is as well. Darwin is an enigma. My minds quantum nature as Zoost said, can be noisy. While we seem to exist in the physical realm, good to hear from you old friends.

1 Like

Cancer has come. That’s the way it is.

dac73503-41381-penjelajah-mars-china-zhurong-dalam-misi-tianwen-1.jpg (970×544) (storage.googleapis.com)

I will present many of the original images as links rather than visible images in this and other topics for the short term future. I am producing too many images per week.
My altered images might also be presented as lists of links rather than a string of data transactions. Anyone can click a link or several if they are truly interested in the alterations I release.
The CNSA and China government are releasing some of the satellite imaging used for Earth based science climate study and geographical research. This is one information type.

China announces open sharing of Gaofen data (earthobservations.org)

Hoping we can find a timing or dated system of image release directly to the public in these public science missions.
I’ll do more work on the Zhurong released images we have access to indirectly.
Some of my relatives spent tens of years trying to fight the cancer problem. So many types of internal systems can go wrong as we age.

1 Like

Interesting news from the Zhurong Mars rover. Mars rover from China has sent back a batch of new images from Mars - including a “selfie”.

A wonderful You Tube video shows the crater made by the descent jetting directly under the rover during the landing.
It is the best work I have seen on the structure of the Mars surface materials since and equal to the Phoenix lander exposed water ice and near surface layers.
At about 50 seconds to 1:15 the video shows a hole probably a half meter deep, into and through several layers of partly consolidated or weathering layered original fine material.
Is this layering a flood or impact surge type surface, or is it deposition by airfall over great time?
There seems to be some toughness to the lower layers and some inherent strength to the surface layer. A triangular section of the upper layer has fractured, and separated during the downward blast. The hole shows solid but somewhat distinct layers of reasonable equal thickness.
Interesting how dangerous this could have been if the lander were more weighty or smaller in footprint by extended legs. This should give a warning to planners and designers of manned missions.
Sure would like to get an instrument under there for mineral ID and closeups.
Well worth a few views. Thanks for the heads up by iGadjetPro.

I do not normally link You Tube video, this linking has captured the stop point of greatest information within the video.
A second point of timing shows the smaller crater or erupted zone on the far side of the lander from the photo viewpoint. The imaging is from the panorama view of the 360 degree horizon, and in a similar directional orientation, but a separate process.
At lower left is the ancient crater with the perfectly white apex of the dark mound seen in post 31. An opportunity to contrast the two similar shapes and the processes at work in each.
Clearly the conditions and timing are very contrasted, yet the several near surface layers are visible.
Timing in the video is about 2:45.

Image credits, originals: http://www.cnsa.gov.cn/english/

Something at the lowest level of this evacuated hole is interesting. There is a series of bright neutral colored rising oriented items resembling a type of object requiring identification. I see similar objects around the debris which I thought were a product of the blast force and/or the chemistry. At the lower elevations the items are embedded in the red fine layers. They are nearly the only objects I see below a few inches.
Is this material a former non-weathered mineral or growth? If these grew in place, is this the product of active vertical movement?
In the matter of the other ‘crater’ shape, which seems not a symmetric round shape, is the dark tilted material indicative of vertical force from below?
As both holes now have a component of vertical motion or growth, are the two a view of area wide vertical motion of a weathered former thick layer, or, are these shallow layers sequentially emplaced and the vertical force/motion a process different than the top few inches of surface material?
I don’t see much surviving the descent engines blast. This is a panorama view of the exhaust debris from under the lander platform at what would be a right side exit from the video view. In the background of the exhaust is the bright landmarks in the distance which record the dumping of fuel reserves estimated to be not needed as the touchdown was imminent.

https://720yun.com/t/51vktq7mpdy?scene_id=74063442

A diiferent source panorama view and a better view of the near surface bright items, only a few appear above ground after evacuation of the hole.
Can someong explain the objects which seem to be present at the deepest levels of the hole. No other signifigant items are present in the subsurface.

Larger reference. Differing geometry of viewing. Closeuip is 3X and DPI 377.

https://720yun.com/t/64vktq79d7e?scene_id=74026908

Image credits, originals: CNSA