Curiosity Reveals Crash Site

Yet another official NASA/JPL photo sent by the Curiosity Mars rover verifies the activity of intelligent beings on the planet's surface, but unlike most other photos this one shows evidence of high-tech, far beyond the usual paleolithic (stone-age) artifacts.

First download the photo, which is found here:

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00508/mcam/0508MR2000034000E1_DXXX.jpg

The primary area of interest is the upper right quadrant. Use good graphics viewing/editing software that has zoom capability. I will pinpoint each artifact by its pixel location on the photo, so if your graphics viewer can count pixels, as GIMP can, you will be able to find every artifact without difficulty. The photo measures 1344 x 1200 pixels (x,y).

THE SKULL MONUMENT (1208,86). The skull monument consists of a light-grayish-colored, sculpted humanoid skull, which rests on a crude pedestal of piled stones. This appears to be a memorial monument erected to commemorate the site where an airborne vehicle crashed sometime in the past, killing its occupants. I would further assume that the occupants were VIP's, not common folks, thus justifying the time and effort needed to construct the monument.

FUSELAGE SECTIONS (1208,185). One section is shaped like a drainage culvert, circular and open at the end facing the camera. Metallic panels were used to sheath the exterior, but some panels are missing, allowing sunlight to filter inside.

A second, wedge-shaped section rests in front of the circular section. How it relates to the function of the craft is unknown, as is its intended location in the original design. It is very doubtful if these two sections came to rest randomly; it is more probable that they were moved to their present locations after the crash.

NOSE SECTION (1010,96). The nose section, or pilot pod, rests upright and points to the right of the photo. It has an aerodynamic-designed windscreen, and a side window is visible. The cockpit is open, and not covered by any kind of roof.

COCKPIT SEAT (310,985). The seat rests on its left side, with its back and bottom facing the camera. The seat is actually very small in size, giving some indication as to the size of its occupant. It appears to be fabric-covered. The force of the crash has pulled and stretched the fabric cover somewhat. Torn fibers of the fabric are visible on the bottom of the seat, which faces the camera.

---------

Some other anomalous debris is visible in the photo, but I would rate those pieces only as possible anomalies or artifacts. In any case, I'm not assuming that NASA/JPL has released all MSL photos to the public. It is difficult to believe that evidence of intelligent beings on Mars, past or present, has been totally ignored and by-passed. Any true scientist would insist on investigating anything that looked interesting.