Doug Ellison

Just curious on where Doug Ellison has gone.
I have been a silent reader for some time now and know he has his own space related forum but for quite some time spent much of his time here. Quite suddenly he has disappeared from these discussions and I wonder why?
FMR?
signed:
Off Stage

Becuase posting here for him, is like banging his head against the wall.
Someone like Doug, will take his place, they always do.

Reply to "off stage"
I have no idea why Doug has stopped posting.
He did provide some valuable input here and many I am sure miss his opinion.
FMR

No Mr Anon. French man, I have not abandoned this place because people have a view different to my own - if that were true, I would have to abandon my own forum as well.

I visit this place rarely, and other than this, have not and don't intend to post any more for 3 reasons:

In increasing order of magnitude, firstly the software behind this forum is, no offense to those that wrote it - terrible. You cant edit, there are no members so comments are essentially unattributable, it kills half the links you add, screws up image links etc etc - it makes it highly highly frustrating to use. Secondly, I want to spend more time looking after my own forum as there's a lot of material to look and and as FMR will tell you, it's no small job looking after a forum.

But the main reason I dont visit here much anymore and dont intend to participate in discussion is NOT, repeat NOT because of the opinions of others.

There's perhaps a dozen regular contributors to this forum. Half of them - whilst they maintain theories about what we see on Mars that fly in the face of convention and are 180 degrees from the mainstream view - conduct their arguments in a sensible, commendable and interesting way. The other half are the opposite - and it is their persistantly flawed arugments, utterly illogical trains of thought and demands for logic without exercising it themselves that I find frustrating in the extreme. They've rendered this place a shadow of what it once was, and that is why I rarely visit, and dont intend to post here any more.

Doug

The other half are the opposite - and it is their persistantly flawed arugments, utterly illogical trains of thought and demands for logic without exercising it themselves that I find frustrating in the extreme

As usual, just ridiculous.
If you are including me in that bunch of people who demand for logic without "exercising it themselves", 'd like you to understand, dear Doug, that you've never actually explained me WHERE and WHY I've been illogical in a thread.
No post by me has always been illogical; I challenge everyone to quote some words of mine to prove the contrary.
And, above all, I think that individuals like you, and Nix, Rocks, Daniel and such just mistake the meaning of "logic" with that of "acceptable for the mainstream".
I've just tried, everytime, to make it clear that if an object on Mars strongly looks like a fossil, it's clear that it can actually be a fossil. Or something artificial in case it presents artificiality features.
Full stop.
And this is LOGICAL, because we are speaking of Mars, that once presented conditions similar to those of our own planet, which abound with life.
My claims would be completely different if I were speaking of Venus, or Mercury.

The fact is that in mainstreamed orthodox minds ALL the planets of Solar System simply cannot be, a priori, home for past or current lifeforms.
Only Earth can, in their '800ish pathetic and narrow view of cosmos and life in general.
Why? Because they have being taught to think this way for their whole life.

Am I the only one thinking that by his reply #8 Doug Ellison may appear a bit inconsistent comparing his current affirmations with its previous ones, those of an other thread (the one where he "officially" left).

Moreover, you Doug have never seemed to me that angry when having those ridiculous dozens-of-posts-long debates with me.
I just think you're leaving this forum as people in here are beginning to talk more often and more specifically about possible martian life, and indeed this doesn't match your own taste and personal beliefs about the question.

Best wishes for your comfortable forum.

See you.
Or maybe not.

Favonio -- "I just think you're leaving this forum as people in here are beginning to talk more often and more specifically about possible martian life, and indeed this doesn't match your own taste and personal beliefs about the question.
"

BINGO!!!

I have deduced the same thing about him. Also, anything to do with water is a big problem. Water equates to life. So we can't have any water on mars. Read his own recent posts on his website.

Personally I find that the site has improved beyond belief. The worst trolls have gone (touch wood), and even Extrasense has shocked us all by posting the odd post that actually makes sense. It used to be extremely frustrating.

I also don't mind the people who have unconventional ideas, as long as they use rational arguments to back them up. It's good discipline to continually question the conventional ideas anyway. Don't take it the wrong way if I question posts. That's how things should be. It's when people find themselves basking in the comfort zone of nuclear submarines in the tropical oceans of Enceladus, and generally getting carried away that some kind of reality check or at least questioning is needed, and usually that reality check is not met with as much aggression as used to be the case.

Look I'm a dreamer myself, and I constantly have to check my own logical train of thought. The world needs dreamers, but we all need to come down to Earth occasionally.

As far as the forum software is concerned, links are often problematic, but image links with jpg suffixes seem to work quite well, as long as you don't try html or xml :) What we could really use is some good online documentation. I used to try using html in posts, because it's second nature to me, but find that that's unpredictable on this forum.

Chacun à son gout.

Aldebaran, those are some good points. While some documentation exists, it is somewhat scattered and not collected in one place. I will try to address that. Also, a list of allowed HTML tags would be a good addition. Thanks for the suggestions.

Hi! Why I can't fill my info in profile? Can somebody help me?
My login is Kisakookoo!

You can see the advantage of solar panel technology if you try to used solar panels at your home. Most people want to avail but looking for affordable and reliable companies that offers solar panels Melbourne to save energy source at home.