I found my parachute

After taking a close look at some Martian rock outcroppings, I peeked out of this crater and I can now see my backshell and parachute, that helped me land safely. Take a look:

Now, that's cool. It's so weird to see something artificial on the Martian horizon. 8)

I agree. That parachute and assembly look so foreign out there in comparison to the bleak landscape around it. It is kind of creepy out there by itself. Nice shot Opportunity! :twisted:

:blush:
Here we go again.First littering planet Earth
then the Moon & now Mars.Ha Ha!!!It's just a joke lighten up.We'll clean it up when we get there.

Not much littering indeed... but...
when they finished drilling the few rocks inside the crater, how many miles do we have to cover for the next stone-stop ???
I can't see ONE up to the horizon!
Maybe we get OUT of FUEL !?!?!?!

Not much littering indeed... but...
when they finished drilling the few rocks inside the crater, how many miles do we have to cover for the next stone-stop ???
I can't see ONE up to the horizon!
Maybe we get OUT of FUEL !?!?!?!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

As for "artificial".

I kind of disagree. There is nothing artificial about the equipment used to get to mars.
But I think what you mean is "foreign". At least it is foreign to the Martian landscape. And I bet if mankind set itself to it that landscape could be changed into something beautiful and useful.
You think???

Dave

yeah, did u no that we left all our junk we made while on our trip to the moon on the moon? :roll: