Mars perseverance turtle

this image looks like turtle on mars

Trying to get back to the creek. Who processed these images? If from raw feed please post link.

Got this image from NASA’s website 360-degree photo

1 Like

I must ask, do you really “believe” that’s a turtle? If you do I will share some knowledge.

Pareidolia

Pareidolia (/pɛraɪˈdoʊliə/,[1] /pɛriː-/[2]) is the tendency for incorrect perception of a stimulus as an object, pattern or meaning known to the observer.

Common examples are perceived images of animals, faces, or objects in cloud formations, or lunar pareidolia like the Man in the Moon or the Moon Rabbit. The concept of pareidolia may extend to include hidden messages in recorded music played in reverse or at higher- or lower-than-normal speeds, and hearing voices (mainly indistinct) or music, in random noise such as that produced by air conditioners or fans.[3][4]

Pareidolia was at one time considered a symptom of psychosis, but it is now seen as a normal human tendency.[5] Scientists have taught computers to use visual clues to “see” faces and other images.[5]

Contents

I would only add, don’t be embarrassed. This is also a teaching forum. We had a guy years ago who swore he saw “chicken bones” in Gusev Crater. Had to be there.

Why do I protest images. Hort tought me. I listened. I know enough to recognize a fraud.

Did Hort like me. No. He thought I drank too much and was annoying.

Do I still love him. You bet your ass.

i should have said its a rock that looks like a turtle the hi res photo looks better

1 Like

Welcome to the Mars Rover Blog.

You should not stop posting. If I told you the things I saw.

No one can tell me those aren’t frozen lakes.

The first image they say is CO2 lens ice guysers. The second image they have no explanation.