Mercury Messenger

Today is the day! Orbit!

MESSENGER successfully entered orbit at Mercury!

Mercury is, "A Rock." Sorry, I just had to do it.

Luckily we had clear skies on Saturday and were able to see a crescent Mercury at Sunset, it was clearly visible with the naked eye nearer to dusk. Amazing to know our first orbiter was there doing its work at the same time. Shortly after the Moon rose, wow what a sight, a good night of observing for sure.

Well, I read as of yesterday, over 300 images were transmitted. I can only find the first image. Any ideas where they are stashing them?

Data Release Schedule
Unlike most other current NASA missions, the MESSENGER mission has elected not to make raw images available via the Internet. Some images are being released, but for the bulk of the data, the public must wait until the mission's required releases to NASA's Planetary Data System (PDS). Scheduled release dates are:

Data from the Earth-Moon and Venus flybys were released on January 13, 2008 (although the scheduled release date was December 7, 2007).
Data from Mercury flybys 1 and 2 are scheduled for release six months after Mercury flyby 2, on April 16, 2009.
Data from Mercury flyby 3 is scheduled for release 6 months after the flyby, on March 29, 2010.
Data from the Mercury orbit phase of the mission is schedule for release 6 months after the end of the nominal mission, on September 18, 2012. WHAT CREEPS.