Milky Way in graphic terms

The Spitzer satellite telescope has done a very good set of images last year of our galaxy, and I have only just begun to extract details from the results.
This image gives a boost to the dark dust and structural vortex the galaxy arms are showing. The core here a very well shaped and defined object, and the central core carries a hidden set of features behind the darkened envelope.
This will be presented as a 1920x1200 image in the next entry.
Has anyone else worked the source image for interesting features?

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6968/mwspitzer2009alt27alter.png
This was the better view between two images uploaded thus far, but both tell the story of a central core very differing from the 'arms' of our home galaxy. As we can see from the Spitzer telescope images, the circulating arm structures are always following the prior path along the entire length visible. At this scale the image looks rather simple and can be partly understood. A closeup view reveals the 'textural' chaos that appears to permeate most of the Milky Way. The closer the viewpoint, the greater the field-of-view required to accommodate the information and the apparent chaos displayed.

The thumbnail promised in reply #1.
A study in the linking of physical matter at great distances over vast lengths of time. We observe the 'dual slit' experiment at small scale, and watch clouds form winter-time stable patterns. We seldom spend time observing the processes at mega-light year distances and timing.
This could be an Olympics ribbon dance performance by our galaxy.

Yes, scientists have recently reclassified our Milky Way spiral galaxy to a Milky Way barred spiral galaxy. Your images show that newly discovered structure!

I managed to rework the same original of 5600x5600 pixels 40-50 times, then added a few inserts of the CHANDRA X-RAY satellite at a reduced size from the original issue, severely altered for the two upper inserts, and I just can't believe the futility of trying to keep up with technology and new detailed better images. At some point I'll left in the 'dust', having taken a wrong turn by some slight change of settings.
This is not a 'pretty' image in details, but it seems to convey the 3D splendor of the galactic core actions as the various wavelengths combine details for, hopefully, someday, a illustration type display of the active components in our home galaxy.
This is a JPG, either 4 or 9MB plus, 5600x5600, from about fifty MB TIF, and I hope to bring back the original detail and 'pretty picture' quality to the reworked subsequent updates. The other size JPG is next to this file on the thumbnail page of my images. Each are 90% and 100% quality transfers of the overworked image. I wanted to show the 3D effect the original can show after combinatorial overlays are merged. This combines visual, infra-red, and X-ray views to give detailing not viewable without alterations.
These image I release are NOT originals, and are for information discussion only. They are publicly freely available as illustrations and not originals.
My apologies to the technicians who worked to give us very fine looking originals. This is a view not much displayed from the bright core of the galaxy.

I should explain that the inserts are of the Sagittarius A structure at the galactic core of the Milky Way, the presumed location of a number of massive and smaller 'black hole' bodies, giving a very active hidden character to the core region of the galaxy. The real interest to me is the primary spiral arm origins which appears in this image to be a 'bow shock' conversion at the outer limits of the 'bar' section. The effect of the 'bar' ends on the passage we make around the arm structures while passing through the arms and the directed bar positions, must have some effect on our solar system in cyclic repeats as we orbit at a differential speed to the bar and the arms. Perhaps other disagree on the long distance effects on climate and other attributes on Earth and nearby, as on Mars, perhaps.

This is a new release example of advancing detailed views that dwarf the prior imaging. My own attempts to see this in detail will be late as they are produced. Time flies quickly in these busy days of 2009.
A Hubble image of the core with far better detail than I could produce. Still no clear view of the active objects, it seems.

Hi Dana>>>

http://www.atlasoftheuniverse.com/

yt
dx

Currently this has been released,

http://sergebrunier.com/gallerie/pleinciel/index-eng.html

and while taken with a Nikon on a 'mount', it has great detail, as it was assembled with a 'giga' panorama software of about 1200 images, I have read. The resulting 360* panorama is a relatively complete image of the sky, and gives good coverage of the visible light spectrum Milky Way galaxy.
I found on my machine, with possibly interaction from add-on type software I have here, that I could use the right mouse clicks to jump to a spherical from a planar view of the center screen focus plane. Not much difference in viewing, but a curiosity. If you use the "=" & "-", on the right side of the keyboard, and the directional arrows at the right below the numeric keypad section in combination, you may get both effects as well. I also have a scrolling mouse for zoom, which worked during some adjusted changes, but cut-out after switching back and forth between adjusted setups.

This person, or group of persons, has given us a very fine view. The viewing page directly for our galactic Milky Way, by Serge Brunier, and others. Linked page directly, but the site has good details and reference on the process and work environment in the production.

http://sergebrunier.com/gallerie/pleinciel/index-eng.html

Warning to all, this is a 'flash' type process, with a 'SWF' file type, for any having problems with Flash imaging.

This person, or group of persons, has given us a very fine view. The viewing page directly for our galactic Milky Way, by Serge Brunier, and others.

The Milky Way is visually very deceptively dark and not at all what the satellite views are showing these days.
I have a mystery place in the core, which I need an ID advisement on. There are several large dark spherical structures which are quite real, but without bright clues, and too regular in shape to be a normal nebular shock front sphere. Also they are rather large, and my favorite seems to penetrate the entire galaxy core margin. I'll try to present it here, but the required alterations make the images rather damaged.

As I remember the entry from reply #4 above, I mistakenly did not include the image links, so they will be forthcoming soon. Had some trouble with the uploading, probably filled caches, or some other problems here.
Currently, my Google Chrome browser doesn't show the 'URL link' button, so the links are text and inactive in this entry. Paste to a browser window address bar for use.
Thanks for the assistance, rpage, dx, and others.

Dana>>>

Thanks for that wonderful sitelink, beautiful piece of photos and video work, they all are true artists and I'm glad for them. They accomplished what the rest of us needed to see.

'Science No Fiction'

yt
dx
:D