orbits

We have spiral galaxies, accretion discs, and planetary rings. We have the planets orbiting the ecliptic plane. Now. We have certain satellites in polar orbit. Will they eventually (not taking in to account orbital decay due to atmospheric degradation) settle into equatorial orbits? I can imagine a million years from now, after the space junk has collided endless times forming an artificial ring of titanium and aluminum around the equator.

Never mind, I found the answer on UMSF. Smart people there, they are.

UMSF has smart people MRB not?

Leaving out Orbital Decay makes this question null and void, all orbiting will fall to Earth in a matter of decades. Even those at the Lagrange Points would eventually fall back.

Kevin>>>

Please send me an email.
Thanks.

yt
dx

Kevin, my original question was a mere physics question. Saturn's rings are high above the atmosphere. Apollo's lunar orbits shifted in a quite rapid manner, no atmosphere there either, well perhaps a tiny trace most of which is mainly from burnt rocket fuel. Now, the MOON is an orbiting satellite, are you saying IT will also fall to earth? I was under the impression it was getting farther away.

The Moon is not made of Titanium you were referring to man made satellites.

Perhaps you should study Einsteins theory on Gravity Waves, as you will see it is not that straight forward.

http://www.universetoday.com/85401/gravity-probe-b-confirms-two-of-einsteins-space-time-theories/

Hi dx,

I don't have an e-mail address for you.

John,

I have replied but the post is being held as it has a link in it.

Kevin, I understand fully about the gyroscopes. Thank you. I only wish I was computer savvy enough to diagram it. Thanks again.